Monday, November 14, 2011

Photoshop Technique: Spot Color



Spot color is an awesome technique. As a photographer, I've used it many times. It's a very popular technique for weddings, particularly with flowers. It also works well with eyes!


But as a scrapbooker I have used it too. My favorite was on this layout:


In the photo on the left you can see my Dad and Nephew on the couch. It's a floral print couch that has lots of colors. I found that it took away from the subjects of the photo. I applied the spot color technique so that the people would still be in color but the busy background is subdued. Spot color can be used to accomplish so many different things.

I have a video tutorial to show you how to apply spot color to your photos. (See below.) Once you have tried this technique please come back and share your creation here. I'd love to see what you do with this technique!




Thanks for joining me today.
Tomorrow today will be the past, so start saving your story today.


FYI: Make sure to check back on Saturday to join me for my "100 Things I Am Thankful For" series. It will be five days long, ending the day before Thanksgiving. More details will be posted soon.

No comments: