Thursday, November 17, 2011

100 Things I Am Thankful For (Coming Soon)

One week from today is Thanksgiving here in the USA. We eat Turkey, then sleep off the Tryptophan for about three hours. Then we wake up at freakishly early hours to shop on Friday with all the other psychos out there for insanely good shopping deals. But that's not the point.

The early settlers wanted to show they were thankful for the food that they worked hard to cultivate all summer and that would help them through the winter. European immigrants brought harvest festival traditions with them to North American. Native American Indians also had celebrations at the end of the harvest season. These shindigs were put on to celebrate a bountiful harvest. One year they got together and partied together and Thanksgiving was born!

On Saturday I will be starting a "100 Things I Am Thankful For" series. Over the course of five days, Saturday through Wednesday, I'll be posting prompts to help you list 100 things that you are thankful for. Each day I will post a list of 20 things to help you with your list. Each day will have a theme. The real trick is to stop at just 20 each day. So, you could list more than 100 things in the five days.

So don't forget to come back on Saturday to join me for "100 Things I Am Thankful For!"

No comments: