Saturday, November 19, 2011

100 Things I Am Thankful For: Day 1

So lets do a little bit more background on why I decided to do this: When I was a junior in high school my seminary teacher had us do something very similar. We ended up writing the entire list on a cheap paper plate. We were encouraged to keep it under our plates during our Thanksgiving dinner. It definitely made me remember the true purpose of the day.

Anyway! On to day 1!

Today's theme is going to make you stretch, but you can do it. The theme is "PLACES." We go to a lot of different places in our lives. Whether daily, every few years, or once in a lifetime. We visit places all the time. In no particular order, here are 20 places I am thankful for:
  1. My home
  2. The upper grove in Brigham Young Historic Park
  3. The house I grew up in
  4. The apartment I lived in the first year I was married
  5. The mountains
  6. My parents hot tub :)
  7. Salt Lake Temple
  8. Temple Square
  9. The church building I grew up going to
  10. The church building I attend now
  11. Jordan River Temple
  12. Mountain Shadows Elementary School
  13. West Hills Elementary School
  14. Copper Hills High School
  15. Grandma and Grandpa Fellows' House
  16. Grandma and Grandpa Hardman's House
  17. LDS Business College
  18. That place on the main street plaza where I could see the temple while reading my scriptures
  19. The backyard of the house I grew up in
  20. The street that I grew up on
All of these places hold a special place in my heart. Each has its own unique significance. Some are obvious and some are not. For instance the reason I am thankful for the house I grew up in is rather obvious, but the grove in the park is not obvious. That place in the park is one of my favorite places to take photos. It's also a great place to just sit and listen and breathe. It's one of the most peaceful place I have ever been to.

I know this one might be a little hard, but it will get easier through out the week. I honestly think this is the hardest theme. So start thinking. Feel free to post a link or your list in the comments. Please do actually. I'm very excited to see what you come up with.

Thanks for joining me today.
Tomorrow today will be the past, so start saving your story today.

3 comments:

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Here are mine! http://mykitchentablestudio.blogspot.com/2011/11/100-things-i-am-thankful-for-day-1.html

Amy said...

20 places Amy is grateful for.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=771099147

Unknown said...

Mom (Cindy Hardman)
1. My Home
2. The Celestial Room in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple
3. My Sewing Room
4. "The Hot Tub"
5. Logan (Where my little buddies are.)
6. Any Fabric/Quilt Shop
7. Italian Village
8. My Yard
9. The cemetery where my Mom is buried
10. The John Johnson farm in Hirum Ohio
11. The Sacred Grove
12. My bed
13. Salt Lake Temple
14. Hawaii
15. Disney World (Space Mountain with Max and Kelsey)
16. Tulum Mexico
17. Disney Magic Cruise Ship
18. In my car
19. My kitchen table playing games with my family
20. The Redwoods