Monday, October 24, 2011

Save Your Story: Flaws

flaw quote copy
Today’s prompt comes from a quote by the author Augesten Burroghs book: Magical Thinking: True Stories. I read this quote for the first time about six months ago and it has been on my mind ever since. It really made me think and I thought it would be a good way to start the Save Your Story series. I believe that this is a very true statement. I know I make a lot of mistakes, no body is perfect. I just hope that by recognizing my flaws I might be able to be better about those things. I decided to write to my husband with this prompt and tell him I am trying to better in the areas that I find lacking. I put the Journaling into a layout with a photo of me.





Credits: Papers and Elements - Every Day of the Year by Sugarplum Paperie; Fonts- Century Gothic, A Little Pot, and Downcome (T1)
Journaling reads: I know I am not perfect. In fact I know I am far from it. I could be better about the house work, ie laundry, dishes, and cleaning? I want to want to do them, it is just hard sometimes.  Playing around on the computer is just so much more fun. I know over-react to a lot of things like losing my keys, hairbrush, and phone, but I am trying to be better. I have gotten a lot better about actually saying words when something is wrong and I need you to stop, I used to just blubber, mumble, and make noise. I am really sorry for the glasses of water all over the house, especially our room. I don’t have any excuse for that one and the dishes around the house too. I know I bug you to do things a lot; I just need help when I am stressed. This is when I tend to freak out and over-react, when I am stressed. I will try my best not to be stressed, but I can’t control my external stressors. Please understand. I am trying. But No Body’s Perfect.


What are your flaws? What are your strengths? Is there something you are working on being better at?
If you feel comfortable please share. If not please lets us know you participated. Only share what you are comfortable with sharing. After all tomorrow today will be the past, so start saving your story today.



About this series:
Save Your Story is a journaling prompt series that I hope to have on this blog at least once a month. The prompts will be have lots of different sources. Sometimes it will come from quotes, some from the images, some will be seasonal, and others will be for the everyday. This series is meant help you document your life right now and to remember your past. Most importantly, I want you to document your emotions. Consider how the prompt makes you feel. Use your senses to convey your feelings in this prompt. Describe what you heard, smelled, tasted, or touched. Show what saw and add the journaling to a blog post or scrapbook layout. If you post your prompt response somewhere, please link it up in the comments. Or feel free to write it right in the comments.

No comments: